I spotted MAYBELLINE CLEAR SMOOTH ALL IN ONE shine free cake powder sitting on top of all foundation brands. I believe it was positioned there because of their promotional campaign. So right then, the beauty freak in me got really curious that I immediately tried all the displayed sample :D. It is packaged in two boxes. To open the product, you have to flip it up in the first box which I really find so cute :D, then you can open it like the usual thing in it's second box.
The powder is set inside a light pink compact with mirror which I also find so girly and it also has a square white sponge beside it. I rubbed each color in my arms til I finally saw the one that matches my skin tone. I got the color with a code 02 NUDE BEIGE.
the product description goes like this,
- All day shine control - blend of water & sebum repellent powder keep skin matte and wonderfully fresh throughout the wear.
- High UV Protection - SPF 25, among the highest in the sun protection shields from skin darkening and PA + + for added protection.
- Instant fairness - infused with pro Vitamin C it instantly makes skin look fairer and more natural
- Imperfections blend away - ultra fine powders & coated pigments effortlessly cover spots for fair and even skin.
- Long Lasting - breathable and lightweight, make up stays true & even throughout the wear
- Visibly smooth complexion - silky soft texture glides to visibly even out skins surface for a smooth complexion.
- Conceal blemishes - blemishes are instantly concealed traceless. Skin looks flawless.
- Tone perfecting - developed for South East Asian tone, each shade blends effortlessly all over for a natural non cakey finish.
To prove all these amazing descriptions, I tried using it at home before wearing it outside or wherever place I wanna hang out.
no foundation look :p
blemishes (li'l bastards :p)
From the picture above, you can see that I only applied eye shadow and eyeliner. You can definitely see all the imperfections, right? Oily face, blemishes, eye maletas (my built-in eye bags argh!), and my sweaty skin on top of my mouth (i dunno what it's called :/ ). Anyways, let's see if these imperfections can really conceal by this product. Here are some proofs that you may wish to see. ;)
Photo 1 :
Photo 2 :
Photo 3 :
Photo 4 :
Photo 5 :
Surprisingly, it instantly concealed the blemishes and oiliness on my face. And, it also reduce my dark cirles! :D It has a finer finish and it really blends on my skin and pores. It doesn't have that cakey look like what I've experienced with Clear Smooth Minerals (which I haven't given my review yet) even if you based it with liquid foundation (in case you really want a more flawless look). I love the fact that it has UV protection and Vitamin C which will protects and nourishes the skin even if you are under make-up.
On the contrary, if you will use it in a humid weather, or if you are the kind of person whose job is outside the office (field worker), you may want to bring the compact with you in case you need to retouch because the long lasting effect doesn't really lasts long for me. Take a look at Photo 4 (click the zoom button to see clearly), the skin above my lips still sweats :l ! LOL! :D
If you already use this product, you may share your insights here. :)
I am not affiliated with any company nor paid to do product reviews or any form of advertisement unless stated otherwise. All my reviews are based on my own opinion and they are honest but please be aware that what may suit me may not suit you. All products are purchased with my own money unless stated otherwise.